Are You Ready To Take Your Leadership to the Next Level?
Are You Ready To Learn More about Yourself and about Scouting?
Then sign up for…
Wood Badge is, first and foremost, learning by doing.
Wood Badge is a five day advanced, national leadership training course that includes practical applications for you to use in your Scouting position, in your profession, other volunteer positions, in your community and home. It provides participants with firsthand knowledge regarding how teams develop and achieve excellence. Participants take part in an active learning process.
Wood Badge is based on corporate leadership training that is intrenched in Scouting’s principles, values and mission. The course covers Coaching and Mentoring, Stages of Team Development, Managing Conversations, Servant Leadership and much more. These come to you in presentations, games, discussions, activities, and other methods.
The updated curriculum will provide you with many useful leadership tools to help enable our youth to have the best possible Scouting experience. There is no better time to attend a Wood Badge course and make a difference in your unit than when you are a Cub Scout Leader, Scouts BSA Leader, or working with Venturing, Explorers or Sea Scouts.
Wood Badge makes your job as a leader easier. Say “Yes, I will” to Scouting’s pre-eminent training course for adults. You’re guaranteed to be recharged and ready to tackle any problem your Scouts throw your way. And it just might be the most fun you’ll ever have as a Scout leader.
Lead. Empower. Be the difference.
Yes, scholarships are available to applicants to help lessen the financial burden of the course. Assistance is also available through several sources such as your unit, chartered partner or employer. Typical scholarships are one half of the application fee and submission deadlines vary.
Let's look at the options.
- Your Pack, Troop or Crew may support Wood Badge financially since it is demonstrated that units with Wood Badge trained leaders offer better programs for their youth. Ask!
- Your employer may offer assistance for this course. Wood Badge not only applies to Scouting, but in the rest of your life as well. Enhanced leadership skills are applicable anywhere.
- VFW Wood Badge Scholarships Application. Be aware that application deadlines for these scholarships are very early in the year they are granted.
- To apply for Send a Leader to Wood Badge Scholarship, please contact your Course Director for information at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The funding varies year to year as this is a donation fund.
- Find all the scholarship applications below.
Wood Badge Scholarship Fund Donations
If you would like to donate to the Send a Leader to Wood Badge Scholarship fund, please contact Brigitte Schwing by email at email@example.com or by phone at 818-427-7118.
2021 Wood Badge Week 2 October 02, 2021 to October 03
|2021 Tri-Council Wood Badge Committee Scholarship Form||The Tri-Council Wood Badge Committee will help finance your Wood Badge experience once you have exhausted support from your unit and your workplace. Use this form to apply.||Download|
|2021 Wood Badge Flyer||This flyer is perfect for sharing info about Wood Badge with everyone in your unit.||Download|
|AFL-CIO Scholarship Application||AFL-CIO members can apply for support from their union for Wood Badge fees. Use this form to do so.||Download|
|VFW Wood Badge Scholarship Form||VFW members can apply for support from their organization for Wood Badge fees. Use this form to do so.||Download|
|Wood Badge Employer Letter||You can use this letter to request time off or financial support from your employer for Wood Badge.||Download|