Cub "It's a Wizarding World" Resident Camp, 6/20-6/24
Resident Camp is a 5 Day/4 Night Sleep Away Camp appropriate for Cub Scouts and Webelos.
- Cub Camping helps prepare Cubs for advancement into Scouts BSA, promotes independence and helps kids work in social groups.
- We provide all healthy meals and program supplies. Just bring a tent, sleeping gear and personal items.
- This camp is suited for your Cub's rank as of FALL 2023.
- Tiger Cubs are welcome with their Adult Partner. Lions are unable to attend Resident Camp.
BB and Archery shooting, Aquatics / Swimming, Movie Night, Scout Skills & Crafts, Hiking, Campfire Programs, Great Food and Evening Programs.
- Early Bird Fee is $300, includes camp t-shirt and patch.
- After May 26th, the Registration Fee is $325.
- Den Leader Fee is $175. One adult is free for each 5 Cub Scouts registered together.
Space is limited to 72 campers.
Forms and Welcome Packet
- All participants (youth and adults) must provide BSA Health and Medical Records forms, portions A, B, and C.
- Cub Camp Welcome Packet will be available soon and posted here.
VHC Electronics Policy
Electronic devices such as phones, tablets, walkie-talkies, handheld gaming devices, and other electronic media are NOT allowed at camp. Camp Staff are provided your contact information as well as emergency contact information in case you must be alerted for any reason.
Parent Orientation Night for IN-PERSON Summer Camps is June 7th.
For questions, email ResidentCamp@vhcbsa.org.
A Safe & Exciting Summer Adventure
As we all know, living with COVID has become reality. Please know that the Camp Staff at Verdugo Hills Council is committed to a safe and fulfilling summer of camping. Your Scout's safety is our number one concern! As LA County Protocols are changed or amended, our safe camping practices will change as well. For the most up-to-date Verdugo Hills Council Policies regarding summer camping, please visit it here.
Peanut Policy for Verdugo Hills Council Camps
Sensitivity to peanuts and food made with peanuts is an increasing risk to Scouts with such an allergy. At Verdugo Hills Council, we ask that no peanuts be brought into our camps.
Foods sent in for snack or lunch at our Cub Day Camp should be carefully checked to make sure they are peanut free. Any food or snacks sent via Camp Mail to our Resident Camp Programs should also be carefully checked as well!
This means that all food products can not contain peanuts and can not have the following warnings: “may contain…”, “processed in a facility…”, and “manufactured on shared equipment…”
Scout families can help ensure that our camps stay peanut free by reading packaging labels and by reminding children not to share food with other children at camp.
Thank you for your help in making summer camping in Verdugo Hills Council a healthy and rewarding experience for our Scouts!
- Camping & Outdoor Program Committee
Registration closes at midnight, June 2nd or when capacity is reached.
Sign up for your Cub's rank and grade as of FALL 2023.
- UPDATE t-shirt size during registration.
|Annual Health and Medical Record Form, A, B1, B2, C||Fillable form required for some programs. Check respective program webpages to see if this form is required.||Download|
|COVID-19 Screening Form for CVO - Unit||REQUIRED form for all programs that meet at Camp Verdugo Oaks.||Download|
|The Adventure Begins...VHC Summer Camps 2023 Brochure||Full VHC Summer 2023 offerings for Cubs, Scouts BSA and Venturers.||Download|