Personal Management Merit Badge over FOUR April Sessions
It's the return of the Personal Management Merit Badge Class thru Gain Federal Credit Union!
Verdugo Hills Council has partnered with Gain Federal Credit Union for this unique opportunity! Scouts & Non-Scouts work with VHC counselors in earning their Personal Management Merit Badge along with taking the following courses:
Course is over four Tuesday sessions: April 4, April 11, April 18, and April 25
$15 VHC fee
Location: 1800 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91506
Must be at least 13 years old or in the 8th Grade – 12th Grade.
The Independent Advantage program is a series of financial courses available to high school students. In a relaxed and fun environment, students learn the financial life skills they'll need for today's financial reality. These skills are rarely taught in schools any more though they are critical to a well-rounded adult life.
Independent Advantage will educate your student on:
- Importance of credit and how to use it wisely
- The value of a credit score and how to maintain it
- How to create short and long term financial goals
- How to budget their money
- Proper use of credit cards, debit cards, and electronic financial systems
- How to maintain financial records and balance a checkbook
- How to identify fraud and protect your accounts
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Independent Advantage graduates are set up with real world-tools for real-world finances. Upon completion of the courses series students receive:
- Checking account with a free box of checks
- Mastercard debit card
- Electronic access to their accounts
- Opportunity to apply for a low-limit credit card
Register now and receive a dry bag set!
Maximum 45 Scouts. Registration closes at midnight, March 30th or when capacity is reached.