VHC Camporee 2023
Camporee is a Council-wide annual event designed to emphasize the patrol method, allow Scouts to put their outdoor skills to use, and test how well patrols work together while competing against other Scout patrols. Teamwork is essential for success!
Verdugo Hills Council and
the Campo de Cahuenga District-WLACC
Treasure Awaits…… if you can find it! So, brush off your field kits, sharpen your wits and join us for the “Quest for Indy” Camporee 2023! We will test your patrol’s abilities with a series of rigorous yet fun competitions including Air Rifle, Action Archery, Mine Cart Lashing, Map & Compass and other challenging events to see who can locate the secret treasure trove....Remember, “X” never marks the spot!
Friday, October 13th through Sunday, October 15th
Camp Verdugo Oaks
$25 per participant - Registration by PATROL only. No provisional Scouts.
$25 per Camporee staff member
This page is for patrol registration ONLY. See the RED registration button, below.
Registration is restricted to Scoutmasters or other adult leaders signing up a group of Scouts on the troop Tentaroo account as a patrol. Scoutmasters, download the Tentaroo Registration Guide - VHC Camporee 2023 below.
If you are a Scout or parent of a Scout who wants to participate, talk to your Scoutmaster about a patrol sign up.
- Download the Tentaroo Registration Guide - VHC Camporee 2023 below.
- Contact Camping and Activities Registar Wendy Tateishi to register your patrol. You must provide the following:
- Troop # and Council
- Tentaroo Account Username
- Name of Scoutmaster
- Number of Youth Participants
- Number of Adult Participants
- Serious allergies, dietary restrictions, and special needs of participants.
- Indicate any needs your patrol will have, or if your unit is helping with this event.
- Familiarize yourself with the Field Manual (coming soon).
- All payments made upon registration.
- Forms must be completed in full, including the Annual Health and Medical Forms (A, B1, B2).
WANT TO BE ON CAMPOREE STAFF?
Complete registration here: CAMPOREE STAFF REGISTRATION
Registration closes 11:59pm, October 11th and is available only by PATROL. Scoutmasters, contact Camping and Activities Registar Wendy Tateishi to register your patrol. Download the Tentaroo Registration Guide - VHC Camporee 2023 below.
|"Quest for Indy" Camporee 2023 Flyer||Share!||Download|
|Annual Health & Medical Record Forms - A, B1, B2||REQUIRED FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS and ACCOMPANYING ATTENDEES: Fillable form for this event.||Download|
|Tentaroo Registration Guide - VHC Camporee 2023||Verdugo Hills Council uses a registration system called Tentaroo. Tentaroo is particular to each council: if your patrol is from a council outside of VHC that also uses Tentaroo, a VHC Tentaroo account must be created. This guide includes Account Creation, Registration, Payment (registration is not complete until payment is finalized), and Adding More Participants After Payment.||Download|