2024 National Youth Leadership Training
SESSION 1: SATURDAY, 2/17 THROUGH MONDAY, 2/19
SESSION 2: FRIDAY, 2/23 THROUGH SUNDAY, 2/25
This course requires attendance of both weekends.
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others. The new NYLT syllabus, updated in 2021, incorporates the latest Fortune 500 leadership ideas and presents a fresh, vital and meaningful training for today’s Scouts that they can take back to their home units and back to their personal lives.
Dates: February 17-19, 2024 and February 23-25, 2024 (this is a 6-day course presented over two weekends)
- Saturday, February 17th 9:00AM through Monday, February 19th 5:00PM
- Friday, February 23rd 6:30PM through Sunday, February 25th 5:00PM
Location: Camp Verdugo Oaks, 38001 Golden State Hwy, Castaic, CA 91384
Cost: $325 (includes all meals and training supplies)
Who: Open to all registered Scouts BSA, Sea Scouts and Venturing youth members that meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 13 years old for Scouts BSA
- Be at least 14 years old for Sea Scouts or Venturing Scouts
- Have achieved the rank of First Class (or equivalent Sea Scout/Venturing Scout rank)
- Have completed unit level leadership training (ILST, ILSS, ILSC)
- Have your unit leader’s recommendation
Registration is now open and will be on a first come, first served basis.
Learn more about NYLT here:
Questions? Email NYLT 2024 Course Director Brian Moss.
This course requires attendance of both weekends: February 17th-19th (Saturday through Monday) and February 23rd-25th (Friday through Sunday). Registration cost includes both weekends.
Registration closes 11:59PM 12/7/23 or when capacity for this event is reached.
To be placed on a Wait List, please contact Camping & Activities Registrar Wendy Tateishi.