Personal Management Merit Badge, 12/4/23-12/7/23
It's the return of the Personal Management Merit Badge Class thru Gain Federal Credit Union!
Verdugo Hills Council has partnered with Gain Federal Credit Union for this unique opportunity! Scouts & Non-Scouts work with VHC counselors in earning their Personal Management Merit Badge along with taking the following courses:
Course is over four consecutive sessions: December 4 - December 7
$15 VHC fee
Location: 1800 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91506
Must be at least 13 years old or in the 8th Grade – 12th Grade.
The Independent Advantage program is a series of financial courses available to high school students. In a relaxed and fun environment, students learn the financial life skills they'll need for today's financial reality. These skills are rarely taught in schools any more though they are critical to a well-rounded adult life.
Independent Advantage will educate your student on:
- Importance of credit and how to use it wisely
- The value of a credit score and how to maintain it
- How to create short and long term financial goals
- How to budget their money
- Proper use of credit cards, debit cards, and electronic financial systems
- How to maintain financial records and balance a checkbook
- How to identify fraud and protect your accounts
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Independent Advantage graduates are set up with real world-tools for real-world finances. Upon completion of the courses series students receive:
- Checking account with a free box of checks
- Mastercard debit card
- Electronic access to their accounts
- Opportunity to apply for a low-limit credit card
Register now and receive a dry bag set!
Maximum 45 Scouts. Registration closes at 11:59pm, November 28th or when capacity is reached.